We're getting set to launch our first Kickstarter campaign. It may seem like we are at the beginning of a journey, but merchmakr has been over a year in the making. Here's some of the stuff we've done throughout 2013 just to get us ready.
- Experiments and prototype manufacturing galore.
- Back and forth with oodles of manufactures, from fabricators to extruders, and mold makers to rapid prototyping firms
- Asking our existing customers tons of questions about what they want and why they need it
- design and redesign using many different CAD programs including FreeCad, Sketchup, Rhino, and Inventor
- lawyers and patent applications
- learning the difference between pipes and tubes
- Endless trips to Lowes and Home Depot
- Speaking in the tongues of metric and standard, SLA, FDM, ABS, and PLA
- more and more
...and just when the search seems hopeless, it's Craigslist to the rescue. Again and again. -- Gary