Afford-a-Flash 16x16 Flash Dryer
- 16 x 16 Radiant panel.
- Comes with stand with casters.
- 1600 watts of Power
- 10' Power Cord
- Made by BBC Industries
- The 16 x 16 radiant panel is large enough for most operations. Many shops use this size flash unit, even as an inexpensive alternative to high-priced flashes built for automatic presses.
- The stand with roller/casters make maneuvering the flash unit easier. We can't recommend positioning the unit when hot, but if you did, having wheels can make it easier.
- This unit gets hot enough to cure plastisol inks. The radiant panel gets as hot as the ones used inside many good-quality conveyor dryers.
- The 10' power cord is long enough for most shop spaces. You will rarely, if ever need an extension cord.
- BBC Industries makes good equipment. We've seen these units more than 15 years old still in service.
How to to adjust the heat:
Adjust the distance/height from the platen, or the time the garment is under the unit. A good distance to start experimenting is around 5" above the platen (10" or more above the platen for fleece).
Great for spot drying plastisol inks and some waterbased inks. It can be used to cure plastisol ink, and many start-ups use it as a stepping stone to get them by until they can afford a conveyor dryer.
Comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty against electrical component failure.